Our Adoption Journey

We decided to jump on the bandwagon and start a blog. Seems like everyone is blogging about something these days and we wanted to document our adoption journey for ourselves and also for our family and friends. Hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent

So we got this great idea from  Roger (our priest ) for Lent.  He was telling a story about how many years ago he decided to write a note to someone special in his life for each of the 40 days in Lent. I immediately thought that was a great idea, and Jeff almost as immediately rolled his eyes (not at the idea, but at me starting a new "project").  I got the message and decided as much as I admired the idea, that I'm probably setting myself up for failure if I attempt this task.  So, what to do?  Well. . . . what do I have three adorable children for?  Aha- that's it - if everyone writes, then we each have to write 8 letters over the next 40 days and that is a little less intimidating.  After I proposed the idea to the family, everyone was pretty excited about thinking who he/she will get to write to.  Yesterday I spent some time getting together supplies and Maggie was the first one to start our project.  I love her letter, and I love watching her get so excited about sending something to her "granny."  I think she is as pleased with herself as Granny will be with her letter!

No comments:

Post a Comment