Our Adoption Journey

We decided to jump on the bandwagon and start a blog. Seems like everyone is blogging about something these days and we wanted to document our adoption journey for ourselves and also for our family and friends. Hope you enjoy it!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Waiting

Today is a good day to wait.  The sun is out, it's not terribly cold and the daffodils are shooting up through the mud in my front yard.  I'm pretty busy and everyone is healthy so I don't really have a lot of time to mope around and be sad about how long this process is.  Good news first: paperwork is done!!  Bad news: waiting for one document that comes from the state of Ohio and we can't proceed without it.  We've been waiting 9 and 1/2 weeks for this one single sheet of paper.  So we're at a standstill which would be okay if it was for something less important, but is heartbreaking when we just want to move forward so we can get our daughter.  We still have so much more waiting to do- once we get our one important paper from the state, the rest of our documents will be compiled and looked over, corrected, and sent to Washington D.C.  at which point we'll be placed on a waiting list that is currently running about 9 months long. More waiting.  I thought it wouldn't be so hard to wait since we are already blessed with three wonderful children.  I thought that keeping busy with them (and the dog, cat and husband) would be enough to keep my mind off of the wait.  Well, I was wrong.  Yup, I don't admit it too often, but I was wrong.  I can't help thinking about a child, our child, who is waiting for us.  Every time I feed my children, bathe my children, read to my children, listen to my children, play with my children, I think about the 6 million (yes, that is the corrected number since a few posts ago) halfway across the world that are not being fed, bathed, read to, listened to or played with. So, I wait, thinking about how I can help, what I can do for such an overwhelming problem.  And while I wait there is a sadness that gets a little less overwhelming on days like this, when the sun is out, the kids are laughing and I am thankful for all of our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment